We’re going to Jasper and Banff!
- Day 0 – Arrive at Calgary airport. NPS will provide transportation to the Lake Louise area of Banff.
- Day 1 – We’ll photograph the deep blue waters of Lake Moraine in Banff NP in the morning. Breakfast will be provided for participants. After the morning session, NPS will drive participants to our northern base of Jasper while making stops along the way in the icefields for instruction and shooting opportunities. Dinner will be in the town of Jasper followed by an evening photography session at the mountain-lined Medicine Lake.
- Day 2 – Our morning photography session will be of iconic Pyramid Mountain reflected in clear waters. Breakfast is provided. We’ll be on the watch for any good wildlife situations during our days in Jasper. Elk, Mountain Sheep, Black Bear, Coyotes, and Moose are all possible. After the morning, we will have an instructional session before lunchtime. After lunch in Jasper, we will resume the education session. Our evening photography session will hit two great locations – first Maligne Canyon and then the iconic Maligne Lake. If conditions are good, we may have an evening astrophotography session.
- Day 3 – We will shoot first light on Mt. Cavell using a small pond for reflections and foreground opportunities. After breakfast we will have an instructional session with helpful image reviews. Lunch will be held in Jasper. After concluding the instructional session and dinner in Jasper, we’ll spend the evening photographing Sunwapta Falls and the broad Athabasca River. This night is a possible date for astrophotography.
- Day 4 – After a morning photography session at the roaring Athabasca Falls and breakfast, NPS will transport participants back to Lake Louise making stops for photographic opportunities and instruction at Tangle Falls or other icefield locations. We’ll lunch at the Icefield Centre. Dinner will held in the Lake Louise area before an evening session photographing in the Bow Lake and Waterfowl Lakes area.
- Day 5 – Participants will have a choice of destinations for the final morning. Those eager for a mountain hike can take in the golden larches of Larch Valley in peak color while other participants will photograph the azure Peyto Lake and the meandering Bow River. The group will join up for a late lunch and a final educational session focusing on post-processing. We’ll all have a group dinner in the town of Banff before concluding with an evening photographing Mt. Rundle at sunset reflected in the serene Vermillion Lakes.
- Day 6 – NPS will provide transportation to the Calgary airport.